Top Five Drivers of IT Outsourcing in Germany
Only 19 percent of corporate budgets go to IT/software development in German companies – this is one of the recent findings announced in the new “German IT Outsourcing Intelligence Report 2012”. The report was conducted by IT Sourcing Europe, a UK-based market Intelligence Company specializing in IT and software development outsourcing in Europe. This market research explores the main factors that drive IT outsourcing in Germany. Recapping the results we can outline the current and future tendencies for IT resources within German market.
Top five drivers of IT Outsourcing in Germany:
- Web and mobile technologies are the most outsourced solutions in Germany, while SaaS/Cloud services remain to be the least popular
- Cultural proximity and resource pool are among the main aspects in choosing the outsourcing destination
- More than 55 percent of German companies find their ITO partner(s) via online research
- Onshoring (outsourcing within Germany) is the most preferred outsourcing destination
- “Fixed-price/T&M project” is the most frequently used business model in outsourcing
More info on the report results you can find here.
The Report is based on the results of the 3d Annual German IT Outsourcing versus In-House Software Development Survey. The survey was conducted in November, 2012 among 764 German companies, of which 398 were IT / software development outsourcing companies and 366 – companies developing their IT / software solutions internally.
Sources: IT Sourcing Europe, 2012