About Authentic Gaming
Based in Malta, Authentic Gaming supplies premium Live Casino software and services to B2B clients globally. Live-streamed games are broadcast from the floors of luxurious resorts & casinos and delivered to players on mobiles, tablets and desktops in cutting edge wide-angle HD video. These live casino games can be found on more than 200 websites, many of which belong to leading Tier 1 online gaming operators. Innovation is at the core of Authentic Gaming, pioneering industry leading player driven functionality and responsive UI’s to create exceptional live table experiences.
Authentic Gaming first partnered with Ciklum January 2021, following their referral from another of our clients in the iGaming industry. With strong growth aspirations, Authentic Gaming were looking to expand their online game portfolio with the addition of four new games - Roulette, Classic BlackJack, Multiple BlackJack, Baccarat. An ambitious product roadmap coupled with the competitive and fast-paced iGaming market in Malta meant that these expansion plans were no small feat. Aware of Ciklum’s industry leading development teams and track record in delivering projects of a similar scale and nature, Authentic Gaming engaged Ciklum to support them deliver these new games.
"Ciklum helped us to move from a start-up-like development team mainly working with Extreme Programming to a more mature approach with multiple Agile development teams. This was a pre-requisite for delivering the 'X' factor and the high quality that always distinguishes the Authentic Gaming live games."
What did Ciklum do
Before development started we worked with Authentic Gaming to finalise their product roadmap and set solid foundations for the successful delivery of their new games. This meant upgrading the development flow and introducing a clear estimation process with regular refinement and planning sessions.
We established an end-to-end development process and introduced Agile methodologies to improve efficiency and foster a culture of continuous delivery. Our team also introduced two-week sprints, with demonstrations and retrospectives at the end of each sprint to review progress and spot required adjustments.
Regular Q&A sessions took place to provide diversified knowledge transfer, as well as greater code ownership for the Authentic Gaming teams. The introduction of process documentation further supported this and provided code accessibility for new team members.
- Launched seven major release across Baccarat, Roulette, BlackJack and Classic BlackJack games.
- Delivered additional major functionality to their existing portfolio of games over a period of six months. This included: Operator Branding Tool (OBT), Vision Card Dealing System, Integrated Phenix Real Time Solutions (RTS), and the Open Gaming System (OGS) integration tool.
- Changed a multiple projects organisation into a single mono repository project which reduced coding and deployment time.
- Authentic Gaming is now able to deliver a new release every two months.
- A refactoring guide and timeline laid the foundation for the company to make code improvements in the future.