Cybersecurity Threats & Trends
Heed this or be hacked
Put your Security knowledge to test
Take the test to check your security awareness level
Aftermath of a Hacking Storm
In the last 12 months, 44% of all organizations have suffered some sort of data breach. A recent survey revealed that an overwhelming majority of customers would stop doing business with an organization that allowed their data to be stolen. Failure to protect data has serious costs:
PageUp, a major HR agency in Australia, faces a significant loss of users as faith in the organization’s ability to hold onto sensitive information dwindled after a significant data breach.
Greenwich University was fined nearly $160,000 for lax security after their data breach and French company Optical Center (a vision and hearing aid provider) was fined just under $300,000 after a recent data loss.
What can companies do to safeguard themselves?
- Steps Benefits
- Launch vulnerability program Develop resistance to cross-site scripting, SQL injections and advanced cyber attacks.
- Conduct penetration testing Security holes can be patched once they are identified.
- Organise QA Security training Staff recognize security issues and manage them correctly.
- Perform a Security Assessment Be aware of blind spots that can then be ameliorated.
- Engage a red-team Get insights into vulnerabilities from the perspective of a hacker.
- Consider a central device management system Updates and security patches can be pushed to all devices on the network.
- Evaluate API Data is disclosed only as required.
Small steps lead to big results
How Kantar Retail conducted a Security Audit
The Kantar Retail VR Product Team needed to implement SSDLC to improve product quality. They also needed to create internal security testing procedures and advance their QA expertise.
Ciklum Security team analyzed the technologies used by Kantar Retail, reviewed their security reports and discussed plans for product development with the company stakeholders.
Kantar Retail QA team got an insight into the Secure SDLC implementation process, improved the expertise in discovering security issues in applications and got the full set of guidelines for different types of security.
with Andrii Shevchuk, Ciklum’s Head of QA security
Download “The Security Testing Guide”
Trending Threats QA Security Use Cases Tips to Improve your Cybersecurity Strategy